3 days ago
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Yes, we are still waiting to our Travel Approval. We have now been waiting for almost three weeks and just itching for it to arrive. There is nothing that we can do to make this part of the process go any faster, and thus it seems to be dragging on ever-so-slowly. Sigh...
To keep ourselves busy during this silly wait, the Ladybug and I spent a nice afternoon last Friday on a "Girl's Day Out." With some of my favorite students in tow (as well as a couple of the Ladybug's friends), we shopped around downtown, went out to lunch, enjoyed some ice cream, and finally made our way over to the beauty salon for manicures and pedicures.
The Ladybug LOVED every minute of the day spent with some great girls. Her favorite moment, of course, was getting her professional manicure from the very nice manicurist. The lady painted her nails a perfect pink, and even decorated with little flowers on each nail. Needless to say, the Ladybug was on cloud nine when she walked out of the salon. We all ended the day with a fun "girly" movie, 13 Going on 30.
• I love being a mommy. It is the greatest “job” I have ever had.
• I love moments like these where we giggle our way through the day.
• I love that my little girl is a "girly-girl."
• I love that the Ladybug loves spending fun, quality time with her mommy.
• I love that my daughter is adventurous.
• I love seeing my daughter’s face light-up by the simplest of events.
• I love listening to the Ladybug sing to every tune she hears.
• I love watching my daughter dance to every Mamma Mia song.
• I love that my daughter is an adventurous food-eater.
• I love listening to my daughter tell stories.
• I love that hugs and kisses are her favorite way she to greet her mommy and daddy.
• I love that my Lovebug loves to cuddle.
• I love that the Ladybug cannot wait to be a big sister.
• I love being a mommy.
Posted by Bailey at 2:15 PM