Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sisters

As any adoptive mother knows, as soon as you receive the photo, you hold onto it with with everything you have got. The photo is the one piece of your child that is tangible for you. So, copies are hung up all over the house (next to your bed, on the fridge, in the living room, on the mirror, etc), a copy is placed in your purse, one possibly in your car, and of course there is a copy at work, which you can gaze upon all day while working. I am no exception to this rule. I did this with our first adoption before we brought home the Ladybug, and I have yet again found myself falling in love with a single image.

What I have done differently this time through the process is that I find myself looking at the photo of our new little Butterfly and comparing it to the photos of our Ladybug. I keep looking for similarities between the two girls, knowing full-well that they are not biological sisters, but sisters indeed. What I discovered in all of my looking is that these two little girls do like similar to each other. They have similar facial features, and in the photo below, they even have the same furrowed brow.


The Ladybug is so excited to become a big sister, to help take care of her, and love her with all her heart. I cannot wait to bring our little Butterfly home as well. She is already a member of our family, and we don't even have her yet to hold. In the mean time I will continue to gaze upon the photo, holding it close to my heart, hoping for a quick process and speedy travel. We love you baby Butterfly and we will be there as soon as we can.

~~Aloha!

No comments: