Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Words Have Power

The following photo is another one I pulled off of Facebook recently. Being a middle school teacher, I see first-hand the effect that words can have on my students, both positive and negative. So many kids feel that words are inconsequential, after all, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me." But the brutal truth is that words do have an effect. Sometimes a very powerful one... a very negative one.

With the rash of bullying and subsequent depression and even suicides that are plaguing so many schools and towns across the nation, I can only hope for all of this hatred to pass. I can only hope that kids will eventually understand that their words can inflict such lasting damage. I can only hope...

But I will do what I can in my own school to stop it.


~~Aloha!

No comments: